Naijaloaded

...

Monday, April 3, 2017

Toulouse sack Odsonne Edouard & Mathieu Cafaro over alleged pellet gun attack

Odsonne Edouard (right)
Odsonne Edouard (right) featured for Paris St-Germain against Leicester City in last summer's International Champions Cup
French top-flight club Toulouse have sacked two players for their alleged part in a pellet gun attack.
On-loan forward Odsonne Edouard, 19, will be sent back to parent club Paris-St Germain, after he was questioned by police about the incident.
Team-mate Mathieu Cafaro, 20, was with him at the time "and will be sacked too", the club's president said.
The alleged victim has said he was shot in the ear with a pellet when a car pulled up by him as he was out walking.
Edouard was questioned by police after his car number plate was identified on CCTV footage.
Midfielder Cafaro later said he had fired the shot, according to Edouard's lawyer, quoted by AFP news agency.
"What Odsonne did is inadmissible, scandalous behaviour. For one he won't play again for us and secondly we're sending him back to Paris St-Germain," Toulouse president Olivier Sadran told RMC radio.
"He was with another player and he will be sacked too - it's unspeakable," he added.
Edouard has been bailed pending a 13 June court appearance.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Catholic Church official involved in meningitis immunisation dies in auto crash


Catholic Church [Photo: www.op.org]
Catholic Church [Photo: www.op.org]

The Catholic Church on Sunday confirmed the death of a health coordinator, Christiana Umeadi, in an auto crash.
In a statement signed by Christian Anyanwu, Director of Communications, Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, CSN) in Abuja, the Church said Ms. Umeadi was until her death a member of Sokoto Diocese.
Mr. Anyanwu said Ms. Umeadi, a reverend sister, who was returning to her station after participating in mass cerebrospinal meningitis immunisation, was involved in an auto crash at Bakura, in Zamfara State.
He said that the medical team had covered several parts of Sokoto diocese for the immunisation in the last one month and as the outbreak got worse the health team intensified their efforts.
The states they covered, he said, include: Sokoto, Katsina, Zamfara and Kebbi.
Mr. Anyanwu explained that Ms. Umeadi led her team to Zamfara State for the immunisation exercise in March, where they were billed to spend just a day in Gusau town.
He noted that her remains had since been deposited in the morgue at the Usmanu DanFodio Teaching Hospital (UDUTH) Sokoto.
He said that her immediate family, the Dominican Congregation, the Diocese of Sokoto and all her patients were left in utter shock and disbelief.
“We all resign to the will of God and trusting that our Sister will rise again at the resurrection,’’ he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that until her death, Ms. Umeadi was the Assistant Prioress General of the Dominican Sisters of St. Catherine of Siena, Gusau, and Zamfara State.
The church has yet to announce a date for her burial.
NAN reports that health officials reported over 100 cases of cerebrospinal meningitis in Sokoto State with five deaths.
At least 80 people have lost their lives to meningitis in Zamfara in the last two months, the state Commissioner for Health, Suleiman Gummi, has said.
Meningitis had earlier killed at least three students in a Secondary School in Maradun Local Government Area of the state.
Severe heat occasioned by intense solar radiation and living in congested apartments are parts of what medical experts believe are causing meningitis.
(NAN)

Friday, March 31, 2017


WikeYou lied, no proofs you are constructing Benue roads – Ortom blasts Wike

The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has described claims by his Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike of constructing the Aliade-Onu-Obarike-Ito-Otukpo and Makurdi-Naka-Adoka roads as a tissue of lies.
Ortom made the remark while reacting to claim by his Rivers State counterpart that he is constructing some roads in Benue State.
In a statement by his Special Adviser, Media, and ICT, Tahav Agerzua, the governor said there was no proof that Wike had such plan.
The statement reads, “We read reports in a few national dailies on March 30, attributed to Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, that there were plans to disrupt his road projects in Benue State. Nothing could be further from the truth.
“Benue State does not lack road projects under the Ortom administration, which has mobilised contractors back to site on 11 roads abandoned by Governor Wike’s Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, regime in the state.
“In spite of the recession, Governor Ortom is also constructing two major highways and 17 rural roads across the state, while contracts have been awarded for six other highways.
“Governor Wike’s claim was ridiculous because Benue State is not part of his state and even if he had constructed all his roads, he needed to have contacted stakeholders in Benue State, especially those from the benefitting communities.
“There is no evidence that he did that.